Winter Car Care
A mechanical failure in the winter can deadly, so preventive maintenance is a must. Check out the following tips to be beter off on the road during winter:
1. Have engine performance problems corrected at a good repair shop. Replace dirty or worn filters- air,fuel,PCV, etc.
2. Put a bottle of fuel deicer in your tank once a month to help freezing in the fuel line. Replace worn wiper blades
3. The cooling system should be flushed and refilled as recommended. Have belts,clamps and hoses checked by a pro.
4. Have older batteries checked for a charge- have this done with professional equipment
5. Replace worn tires, which will be of little use in winter weather. Don't forget the spare, and be sure the jack is in good condition